Sunday, January 07, 2007

We lost baby Marshall


Doug got this tattoo. BM stands for baby Marshall. We are both upset about the loss. Doug wanted to keep the memory. The heart is part of a whole big design on his arm. I will post pictures of his arms sometime soon.

I had been in bed since Tuesday Jan 2nd. I started to bleed on Tuesday and went to the ER at the doctors recommendation. Doug & I were there for close to 7 hours. I was sent home to "rest" and call the doctor in the morning because the ER couldn't decide what was going on. After 2 visits to the doctor and having blood tests done, it was determined that I needed a D&C due to hormone levels only going up somewhat but not doubling. After having the D&C, I was told I'd need shots of methotrexa-something (can't remember the name) but basically I needed the shots to dissolve the baby since it found its way in my tube. So I was pregnant with a tube baby. Everything else was fine but the baby was in the wrong place. My tummy went back down and I'm doing fine today. I had to do the proecedure on Friday. Doug & I said a lot of prayers to take baby Marshall and keep him/her safe. We won't try to get pregnant until the end of 2007. I want to finish the spring & fall semester of 2007 at school and shoot weddings this summer. So there are a lot of positive things that can come out of this tragedy. Doug & I are devestated naturally......but we are happy that we have each other & Amelia.

3 comments:

Minoa said...

Hugs & Good Thoughts

Curtis said...

My prayers are with you!

Let me know if I can help you or Doug in ANY way!

Kimberley Bednarski Anderson said...

Oh sweetie. I know we are worlds away, but I've always loved your spirit and wished for your hapiness even though our paths do not cross much. This sucks, but I know you are a positive person and you will get through it. I have to tell you that there is not a March 7 that I don't think of the one I lost, and it's been 11 years. It's okay to honor and grieve. Big hugs :)

Vegas, ya WHORE?!!!! :)