Monday, April 23, 2007

Fun Sunday

My friend Lucy invited me to go with her boyfriend and his kids to the Turpentine Creek tiger refuge in Eureka Springs. We met up with them at the Mud Street Cafe in downtown Eureka. If you have never eaten there, I highly recommend it! They have the best cheesecake ever!!! After lunch we went to Turpentine Creek. After about 10 minutes one of Lucy's boyfriends kids fell and busted his head so they took him to the doctor for a look. He turned out just fine but he has a rather "pretty" knot on his forehead. If you have never been to Turpentine Creek - it's really neat to see. I highly recommend it and if you go, make sure to read the stories about each tiger. They give tours of the property and natural habitats as well. Keep in mind that the tigers like to spray humans as their way of "joking" around.....I got sprayed as soon as I walked in and 2 ladies on our tour were sprayed. Funniness! What's a trip without some tiger spray? HA!!!


The 3 of us with my nephew Antonio.

Doug is checking out the bear cages.

Doug and I sitting in front of the monkey cage.

The tiger "Hercules" - he's the 1st tiger you see when you go to Turpentine Creek Tiger refuge. He decided to greet me with a spray so now I can offically say that I've been sprayed by a tiger. He got my left arm as I was running away. Bad Hercules! HA!

Amelia and Antonio....in the car on the way to Eureka Springs

The 3 of us sitting in front of the monkey cage.

My brother and his son sitting in front of the monkey cage.

Amelia standing in front of "Goober's" monkey cage.

No comments: