Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Oh....holidays






Although this is the 2nd year in a row that I did not get my daughter for Christmas...I made the best of it. My ex knew the custody papers got screwed up but did he care? Nope. I was pretty devestated not to have her this year because I didn't get her last year either. But I believe in the saying of "what goes around, comes around." Doug and I made the best of the situation. We went to see a movie wiht Diana, Jim & his brother - I am Legend - It was pretty good but not a favorite for me. It was kind of a scary movie. After we came home I made green bean casserole and we headed off to Lucy's for fun. A bunch of people were there and my friend Sara and her sister came along. We ate tons of food, played scattegories and then played dirty santa but the key to the game was the gift had to come from your house. It had to be something you wanted to get rid of. OH...I took it to the extreme and packed 2 boxes full of crap! It was HILARIOUS!!! I don't think I ever laughed so hard. It really was a good time despite the fact that I didn't see my girl. There is always next year and Doug and I are planning on taking her on a Disney Cruise for Christmas 2008 or maybe in the summer.

My sweet Doug spoiled me ROTTEN. He got me a diamond necklace from Kay. I need to break out the pro camera with macro lens so I can take a better photo. He also got me a new point & shoot digital camera - Nikon S51 - this way I can keep it in my purse for quick, fun things! He also got me a 19 inch flat screen computer screen. It's a wide screen. I love it! He spoiled me rotten. Amelia got me pink luggage.

My parents got me a gift card to walmart and a digital photo keychain that plays 60 photos. How cool is that? Doug's mom got me a candle and a nice gift card to Hobby Lobby. I love that place! Really, I got a lot of stuff.....I'm entirely blessed and loved by many.

No comments: