Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Christmas, the circus, birthdays and more!

Christmas at my mom's house in Gentry!





Trashy Christmas at Shawn's house! She was gracious hostess and let us party down at her home in Springdale!! We wore our trashiest/uglies Christmas sweaters we could find. We ate till we almost burst. We played trashy games (dirty minds). AND we exchanged trash gifts. I got that green necklace among other used goodies such as lots of Jesus pendants. Love it!! HA HA HA.....it was quite hilarious to see all the trashy gifts.





This is Christmas day at the nursing home. I brought Amelia to the Siloam Springs nursing home at 8:30am. We passed out reindeer candy canes that we made all week. 150of them! Amelia and I went door to door and gave out candy canes to all the residents. Then we played morning bingo with the residents, drank hot chocolate and then Amelia got to pass out the prizes. It was a great Christmas morning! My mom works there and is the activities director.





This is Amelia with her grandpa. This is funny to me....her name is spelled wrong on the cake. HA HA.......


Amelia opening her gift from grandma. Reading the gift card and then realizing it's a $100 gift card that she can spend anywhere!! Grandma's sure do like to spoil!!



My mom had a birthday party for Amelia at her house. Celebrated Amelia's birthday and Christmas on the same day. This is Amelia opening her present from me. A pink camera! She wanted one SO bad.


Walmart is across the street from our house....well thru the woods. Anyways Amelia and I saw the coolest bell ringer. We also bought a toy for the fire dept that was rounding up toys for Christmas.



This was from the last ice storm. Doesn't look like a lot but it was SLICK! We took the old radio flyer wooden sled with rails to our driveway. We had so much fun sliding down the drive!


I cannot remember if I ever posted this but I was going thru some photos on my computer. This was moving day. We moved to Little Rock from Fayetteville in August 2008. Wal-Mart brought their big moving van and a lot of guys to move our stuff. It was fantastic!


Doug took me to see the Ringling Brothers at Alltell arena. We had floor seating front row. It was a fun show to see. I don't really care for the "live" animals that they use but it is the circus after all. I really enjoyed the guy on his many bicycles...this one was his tiny bicycle. He was funny!!



Got to see the most awesome double rainbow the other day. Rainbows are such a fast occurance that getting my big camera out to document it would have meant that I would have missed the rainbow. Grabbed my point & shoot and ran outside. I couldn't get the 2nd rainbow in the shot but it was cool either way!

No comments: