Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow! Egypt! Working Out!


Catching snowflakes!

Amelia and Dougie!

Let it snow!

Sweet Amelia!

Snowball fight!


All the neighbors came out and we had a snowball fight!


Too slick to drive....we hiked over to EZ Mart to get some junk food and some milk!


Laundry baskets work great!



Amelia having so much fun and Sheba chasing after her!

We got slammed with snow and rain! They are calling for more tomorrow! Amelia and I are on day 2 of no school Doug hasn't been to work (thank goodness for personal time!) We have been having so much fun playing outside! We have a new neighbor and she has a 7 year old daughter and she and Amelia have been attached at the hip. Lots of good play time!
After much loooooong discussion, pros & cons, etc etc........I decided I will go to Egypt in June 25 thru July 9 with Princess Farhana's Eternal Egyptian tour. It will be amazing. It includes the hotel which is an old palace. The Ahlan Wa Sahlan festival, opening gala show, fabulous morning buffets, Guided Tour of the Pyramids, Sphinx, and Cairo Museum (including lunch), Cairo By Night Dinner Cruise on the luxurious 5 Star Nile Maxim floating supper club (with lots of belly dance),5 Star Nile Cruise to Upper Egypt which includes the airline, then sail to Kom Ombo, Edfu, Esna, and Luxor Guided tours in air-conditioned coaches will take us to the High Dam, Temple of Philae (Isis Temple), Temple of Sobek and Haroeies, and to the West Bank for the Valley Of The Kings and the exquisite Deir El Bahari of Queen Hatshepsut which includes all meals! Plus side trips to the ancient Khan El Khalili Bazaar, Al Tanoura Egyptian Heritage Troupe whirling Dervish show and optional additional trips to monuments and antiquities in and around Cairo, such as Memphis and Sakkara, The Citadel of Mohammed Ali, Coptic Cairo, City of The Dead, Manial Palace and more!
...........oh I can't wait! And the cool part is that I'll be doing belly dancer's portraits in the old palace. I can't wait to be the "it girl" doing photos for all the dancers from around the world!
And I'm now on week 5 of my workouts. I have to workout even MORE since I know I'll be going to Egypt. I need to be in the best shape so I can keep up with all the dancers for 2 weeks! I'm on day 40 of NO pop and I love it. I don't miss it anymore.
Life is good.

No comments: