Wednesday, March 30, 2011

California!

I flew to LA to meet up with Sharon Dawson. We helped out the cool Robert Cavalli with his studio. He is a brilliant dark room guru and I was honored to see some of his works! I got to see prints of Elvis no one has ever seen! How cool is that? His work just blows my mind. I can't wait to send him negatives of my grandmother to print for me. After helping him in his studio/darkroom we went to Hunington Beach to get Sharon's mom for a Disneyland adventure. Her mom scored us free entrance and we had a blast! After our Disney fun, we headed to Hollywood to the Moun of Tunis. It was Princess Farhana's birthday but not only did she celebrate her birthday she also threw a party for me and another birthday girl. It was a dream! She even got us a purple yam cake that was so fabulous!
After all that fun we headed to San Diego for a traditional Asian wedding. That was really fun and neat. I got to experience a full 10 course Asian dinner. What a neat experience. We also headed down to the gaslamp district....20 blocks of clubs and bars. Sharon sure can go like the energizer bunny! After our stay in San Diego we headed back up to the Hollywood hills & stayed with her sister in this amazing 20's style bungalow. It was awesome! We got to shop at the Hollywood makeup shop and that was great. I spent a pretty penny on body paints.
We then headed to San Francisco....long, LONG drive up but we made several stops. We ate at this amazing Mexican restaurant in Santa Barbara. She even took me to shell beach which was breathtaking! We finally crossed the San Fran bridge at around 9pm and then headed up the mountain for our 2 hour drive to her house.
Sharon lives in this little town that reminds me of the town I grew up - Gentry. She is about 20 minutes from Napa Valley and took me down there to see some of the winery's and the grape farms. Very cool stuff indeed!
It was a trip not to be forgotten!








No comments: