Christmas is around the corner! Doug & I put up our Christmas tree. I got an ornament for us to put on the tree to start our new memories together. Doug loves Christmas and I do, too. I've been shopping for gifts for awhile now and gathering little things here & there for him. I just have to think of something extra special to get for him! ;-) I can't believe how fast this year has gone by and I'm thankful that I managed and did so well! I had my finals today and I was so nervous I made myself sick! It's over now.....tests are done, I've sold my books, and I've signed up for classes for next semester. I have 2 classes that I'm signed up for now. 3D design and computers & art. I need to sign up for 2 more. I'm so thankful that Doug supports me and my endeavors. I got my final project back from art class and I got an A! I will have to photograph some of my works and post it on my blog. I won't be able to post my final project because an ex of mine may find it offensive because he'll assume it's about him (oye vay!) but my class did get a good kick out of it! ;-) I'll have to post it next spring. I did get an A on it, though! My instructor wrote this:
This drawing is very ambitious and very successful! Good intergration of various elements - well constructed. Good use of materials! What I did-I bought a huge piece of matte board. I spray painted it with chalk board paint. I then drew my outlines with chalk and did the rest of it in conte crayon, charcoal, chalk & pastels. It was a huge mess but I enjoyed drawing it out. It's awesome! My instructor thought it was good.
Well Doug and I are still on the hunt for a house. We've been everywhere from Bella Vista to Fayetteville. Bella Vista & Rogers look promising as far as housing.....Fayetteville is grossly overpriced. We made an offer on a house in Rogers but the seller was stubborn. The seller bought the house last year for $120K (totally remodeled gorgeous 2 story victorian) and he was trying to sell for $153K but made zero improvements on the place - not to justify the price jump. He had it for one year and didn't want to budge. I'm not about to give away money for something he paid only $120K for last year! No way! So Doug & I moved on. I swear I have seen one too many houses. Our realtors are so sweet! Some of my friends have suggested we wait until after Christmas because more houses will come on the market. It's all about patience!!! I just want to get in our 1st home with a house payment on something we own!!!! What a concept! ;-)

Amelia on the square.

Lena & Doug! My husband is so handsome! These are my favorite kind of photos! Holding the camera up myself and smiling!

Amelia as a cheerleader for Halloween!

Amelia riding the camel on the square.

Lena & Doug on the square.
1 comment:
Woohoo! Yay for the A!!! That was a wonderful drawing!
Post a Comment