
We had a little gathering for Amelia's 9th birthday. Invited Doug's family and 2 of my friends from school to come out and celebrate. We got the cake from Mickey's which is the best cake I have EVER had! OMG - scrumptious! I cooked 10 lbs of potatoes, 3 london broils, 4 lbs of glazed carrots, dinner rolls, 2 lbs of stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I also had chocolate raspberry dip with apples and graham crackers. And put out red velvet cake balls as well as chocolate covered pretzels. Homemade goodies! We had 17 people over here. Amelia had a great time playing with the kids and opening gifts! It was a great birthday!

The 3 of us!

My new BFF's. Silver, me and Justin. They are theater majors. Coolest guys you'll ever meet!


And unfortunately Justin was in a car wreck. A lady going thru the stoplight couldn't decide whether to go or stop when the light turned yellow. She hit the gas and went through the red light and in turn hit Justin. This was at the light next to our house. Doug's cousin called when they left our house and said "I think one of your party guests was in a wreck." I called Justin and he sounded pitiful. Sara and I jumped in the car and drove down the driveway and sure enough Justin was sitting down with a head injury. Silver was there. The police called an ambulance.
Justin is fine. Thank God! He just has a big bump and a massive headache. It could have been worse. So much worse. His poor suv is messed up. The front axle is bent. The CV joints busted and the radiator is broke. Silver and I were able to drive it back up to my house and we have it parked in my lot. Not sure if the car can be fixed.
Things like this just really open your eyes. Make sure to tell everyone you love them before they leave the house. It could be your last time seeing them. Justin's wreck really got me to thinking about taking all of my friends and family for granted. To all my family and friends - I love you!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment