Monday, December 08, 2008

How do I keep it together?

Ha...how do I keep it together? Sometimes I wonder how I get things done.

Last night I picked Amelia up from visitation with her dad. I told her that Doug and I had 2 dates over the weekend. She always loves to hear what we did when she wasn't home. So I told her that Doug and I went out for Thai food on Saturday night. Then on Sunday he took me to the Ringling Bros. circus at Alltell arena. Then she said "mommy, you're married! You can't go on a date with Doug!" And then she said "how squishy!" Uh-hum....she learned that word from Sara. HA! So I explained to her that marriage doesn't just happen. It takes 2 people to make it work. And when 2 people love each other a lot - they go on dates! I told her that I never wanted to divorce Doug or ever put her through a divorce ever again. I told her that I knew it was hard for her so Doug and I would do everything to continually work on our marriage. I told her that I love Doug and that we enjoy going on dates and she said that was cool. So squishy!

So the semester is over. I have one test left on Thursday. I made the "nerd" club this semester- which is an awesome thing. (high grades) So next semester I have 17 hours on my plate but I'm considering dropping 1 class. Not sure if I can handle 17 hours. I work 3 jobs. I love - LOVE - all 3. I shoot weddings for Janet Hudson-Schroeder. I shoot boudoir photography on my days off. And I work 10-15 hours as a receptionist. I love all the stuff that I do. Sometimes it's extremely exhausting. Sometimes I mess things up ... like forgetting to order a print out of an order of 20 but I always end up ordering the extra after the fact. I'm definitely not perfect. I'm human. We all are.

Doug and I have to keep a good household. If Amelia didn't have her chores and Doug didn't help out, I don't know what I'd do. There's nothing sexier than seeing my man standing with a broom in his hand when I come home from a wedding.

I have the best family ever!

No comments: