Thursday, June 03, 2010

14 more days.



I leave for Egypt in 14 more days. It is hard to believe. I can remember dreaming about Egypt as a kid...thinking of pyramids and the desert. I started belly dance in 1998 on a dare from a co-worker when I worked at the Walmart home office. He dared me to take a class (such a dare!!) and I went. When I realized I could have fun dancing without a partner and I could wear beads, sequins, and glitter - I was hooked! After participating in the dance for several years, that nagging feeling of Egypt was even stronger. I had wanted to go but I was a young momma with a young child....she is still very young but she is able to stay with grand parents and hold her own weight. I just couldn't go as I just couldn't leave her home....I'm still struggling with leaving her in the states while I go and live out this dream of mine. I'm proud that I finally made the decision to go and to save my money and pay for this trip cash. No debt. I just hope that I don't go overboard and create some CC debt while I am there! HA!

A few more things to add to my list:
Dried Banana Chips
Dried Cranberries
Advil
Ben-Gay

I just ordered an extra battery for my point & shoot camera as well as a good travel pillow. I just hope I have everything for my trip!!

One thing I did find out....I'm not going to have internet access at my hotel. I do have access but I hear it is quite expensive. SO....I do plan on finding internet cafe's to make updates to my blog. It wont' be daily like I thought it would be but I'll be doing my best to make as many updates as possible!

No comments: