Wednesday, June 16, 2010

And we are off!

The big day has arrived. I leave tomorrow for Egypt. 26 hours of travel time. I leave tomorrow at 6pm and arrive 2 days later in Cairo at 2:30a.m. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. I am glad that I like sleeping and can sleep anytime, anywhere. I just hope it happens on the plane. My sister and I are excited about our 6 hour layover in Amsterdam but I just hope we are "functioning" enough to enjoy that airport! It looks like an amazing airport to walk around and look at all the shops! Yaz is ready to pick us up and said "what special requests do you have?" I said "sleep." HA HA!

I had to go to Walmart to pick up a few last minute things for him. He paypal'd me some money to buy an electric screwdriver. I checked the TSA website to make sure it was ok to check and it was and I also read that a meat cleaver is ok to check, too. HA! What a random item to list! I also picked up a few other random things for Yaz. My sis and I have 4 suitcases full of stuff for Yaz and his family. Things they can't get in Egypt or items that are so expensive they can't purchase them there. It's been fun receiving packages in the mail on an almost daily basis. I don't have much clothes packed as I figured I'd buy stuff while I was there.

2 of the dancers I know sent money with me to buy them fancy costumes. I just hope I can find what they are looking for. I'm sure I will. Should be fun to spend their money for stuff they want or well...don't need but it will sparkle and they will love it!

Doug dropped me off yesterday here at my mom's house near the airport. He left this morning back to Little Rock. I had a huge crying meltdown. That man is something else. He told me "I don't want anything from Egypt. Just for you to have a good time, enjoy yourself, be happy and come home safe. Come home with some more new dreams so I can make them come true." Be still my heart. I cried and cried and cried. I miss him already. I miss my Amelia and she is sitting right here and I miss her. I know this will be a good trip for all of us. Amelia gets to spend good quality time with both sets of grandparents and Doug gets some quiet time which he is looking foward to. He is taking a one week vacation to sit around the house and sleep. This is a good thing for us all.

I am excited beyond words! I will make sure to post to my blog after landing and sleeping for awhile. I am sure I will have airport stories to tell! HA!

Say a prayer we get over safely and without problems! :-)

No comments: