Why not? I will tell you why I'm going....
I am going because this has been a life long dream. I can remember seeing pyramids in a view finder as a kid and then watching all those fun movies about mummies and all that stuff......then I got into belly dance and Egypt became a hardcore dream. I never thought I'd ever EVER get to go. EVER. Doug surprised me with the trip. He paid for the belly dance tour. I'm going to the Ahlan wa Sahlan festival which is a HUGE belly dance workshop/shows/shopping event. I'll be staying with Yaz & Julie for several days (they live there) and then transferring over to the Mena House which is an old palace. I had this long list of dreams and goals...fulfilled all of it except this and now I get to go. I'm not sure how to react! I leave on June 17th and will be back on July 7th. 21 days of Egypt. Doug is staying home to take care of the house, dog and work. Amelia gets to goof off at grandma's house. I'm still in shock!
I may get the chance to see the red sea and go snorkeling with Yaz and family. I know I will see the pyrmids and ride a camel for sure. I must do the typical tourist things!!
Things I know I will do:
*Guided Tour of the Pyramids, Sphinx, and Cairo Museum.
*Cairo By Night Dinner Cruise on the luxurious 5 Star Nile Maxim floating supper club, with a terrific show featuring folkloric dancers, singers and live Egyptian music, starring the incomparable dancer Randa Kamel.
*Star Nile Cruise to Upper Egypt: We arrive in Aswan, then sail to Kom Ombo, Edfu, Esna, and Luxor. Guided tours in air-conditioned coaches will take us to the High Dam, Temple of Philae (Isis Temple), Temple of Sobek and Haroeies, and to the West Bank for the Valley Of The Kings and the exquisite Deir El Bahari of Queen Hatshepsut.
*Side trips to the ancient Khan El Khalili Bazaar, Al Tanoura Egyptian Heritage Troupe whirling Dervish show and optional additional trips to monuments and antiquities in and around Cairo, such as Memphis and Sakkara, The Citadel of Mohammed Ali, Coptic Cairo, City of The Dead, Manial Palace and more…
7 more days until I leave. It really hasn't set in yet ... as if this is not real. Then I remember that it IS real. My suitcases are so heavy, I need to weigh them with my scale. I'm bringing a lot of stuff for Yaz & his family. They have requests and Yaz has shipped stuff to me to bring along.
I just can't believe that I get to go! I feel so blessed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment