I’ve done a lot of reflection in the last several months. I’ve done a lot more today then ever before. Things happened today that were weird to me. I think I probably experienced most emotions a person can experience all at once. I was truly sad, happy, anxious, nervous, upset, angry, and relieved. It is amazing how a person can go through all of those emotions at the same time. The human mind and body never ceases to amaze me.
Something happened today that made me cry. I’m unsure as to why I cried. I do not know if it was because I felt that there was a chapter closing in my past. Maybe it was seeing someone being hurt, but I didn’t cause that hurt, they caused it on themselves. Maybe it was a lot of memories that surged back all at once and it was overwhelming. Seeing someone that was helpless in their situation and reflecting back to the past was hard. I don’t know if I can say the person was helpless because they could have helped themselves with the powerful way that communication works.
I do not want to go into details on a public blog because I really have pity for someone right now. I have this pity but at the same time I can’t stop saying “you reap what you sow.” When you do something wrong, it will come back to bite you in the ass. It’s a life lesson some people learn and some people never learn.
I want to say that communication is so important & vital in life. It is the one thing that I have probably learned the most in my last 32 years of life. Communication is key to everything. I want to learn communication even more but I have a pretty darned good grasp as to what it is nowadays. It is what keeps Doug & I together and strong. I still screw up with some communication but I learn from every single time I screw up communicating. It’s such a hard thing to learn and to perfect!
If people would communicate they may not get themselves into certain situations. I’m a very reasonable person and would have loved the opportunity to speak to the person that was hurt today. It would have been so simple to have a phone conversation to work out a resolution to the original problem. I offered many times but to no avail. Sometimes people may want to communicate but then they have outside influences that will prevent them from making a mature and smart communication decision.
Another point I’d like to make to those that read my blog, is to always listen and believe in yourself. Don’t listen to others and make decisions based on them. Get opinions, listen to your friends & family but YOU have to ultimately make a decisions regarding communication.
It is unfortunate that this person has refused communication and let it get to the point that it has hurt him. Honestly, I do not want to see anyone get hurt. It’s not fun to see. It’s not nice. It’s quite sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that person heard you.
Post a Comment