Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Working out.....oh the gym hurts!

So I've been going to the gym for over 2 months now. I do 4 hours of cardio and weights during the week and then 3 hours of dance classes on Sunday. My goal is to be very toned for this summer! I've gained 7 pounds! I almost freaked out when I weighed myself but then it hit me - muscle weighs more - duh! So I was checking out my stomach in the mirror yesterday and I realized that I'm getting some really defined muscles....I'm really excited about that. I've been doing 50 lbs. on that "cruncher stomach machine" - whatever that thing is called! I did 25 lbs. on that butterfly machine - ya know - the machine that builds your chest - yeah, I think I'll go back to my 15 lbs. because I feel it today! Ouch! I've been stretching so much as well because I want to do the splits again. I'm about 4 inches away from the ground - I'm almost there!!! I want to be able to go into the splits while balancing a sword on my head. Oh the fun that could be for audiences. I can hear gasps now! (belly dancing - incase you wondered) Going to the gym makes me so hungry and I have more energy. I have found that I sleep better, I'm not stressed, and I have more energy! I also found that shooting a long wedding is way easier. I may just get addicted to working out because I am really loving it a lot!!!

Well, Doug & I have started packing the duplex. I've been packing books, CD's, bookshelves, etc. Spoke with the lender again today. They've sent an appraiser to the house. I cannot believe that I will be a home owner - it just seems unreal to me. I never thought this day would ever happen! Doug & I couldn't be more excited. Speaking of Doug....that little boogerhead....he's planned some kind of surprise for my birthday and he's only given one hint. He had to put a deposit down for them to make it. He said it's a custom design. That is all he will tell me. I love surprises so I'm really excited to find out what it will be. Custom....hmmm....I wonder....oh he knows it will drive me crazy until my birthday. He sure is a sweetheart. I'm so proud of him. He quit smoking!! He's on his 12th week. I know how hard it has been for him but he says he feels so much better. He wanted to quit for a long time but told me that Amelia was his inspiration for quitting.

No comments: